[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Comments on the new SHTTP draft of July, 1995

> >> What do you think contradicts? The language about 'retained
> >> connections'?
> >
> >Yes.  Being good for perhaps only one transaction, and being good for lots
> >of transactions over the duration of a connection, are different things.
> >I'd expect we'll want a different label for "session" keys with longer
> >lifetimes than a single use.
>
> Of course, since we don't have retained connections, this is a bit
> of a moot point, but a fair one nevertheless.

The NCSA httpd working group currently has an internal httpd with "Keep-Alive"
implemented. This has also been implemented in internal releases for testing
purposes in the clients. This does keep a connection open for multiple
transactions. Just FYI.

Scott Powers

--
spowers@shire.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Scott W. Powers, Research Programmer, Software Development Group

Cyber Doors: http://shire.ncsa.uiuc.edu/index.htm
Click <a href="http://shire.ncsa.uiuc.edu/index.htm">here</a>!